Now into its second year, this programme is a hairdressing first, taking you further as you develop your skills, knowledge and confidence under the expert tuition of our ghd creative team and expert guest artists.
Styling and dressing hair is an art in its own right. At ghd we believe in starting with the fundamentals of styling to provide a solid foundation from which to build further skills. These core skills are essential if you have a career as an award-winning stylist in your sights. We believe that the Graduate Styling Programme is essential to anyone who is looking for more than a one-off seminar. Regulated and certified by VTCT, each graduate will hold the QCF ghd styling qualification on completion of the course.
The course is tailored to you, allowing you to focus on your own bespoke styling journey – learning eight modules and specialising in six, you can concentrate on the areas that interest you the most and develop the skills to be the best at what you do.
Discover the exciting and challenging world of editorial hairdressing. Understand how to take a brief from a magazine editor, research, plan and design an editorial hair story.
In Zoë’s unique and highly inspiring way you will leave the workshop knowing:
– How to get the basics of editorial hairdressing right
– How to interpret trends
– How to use wide and varied influences to create innovative and thought-provoking hair
– New ideas and a new skill set
Cool hunting is a serious skill that forms the foundation for predicting and then creating hair and fashion concepts. During this seminar, Zoë shares her secrets and gives an insight into the world of trend forecasting.
At the end of the workshop you will have a greater understanding of how trends emerge – not only a vital part of building a career as a successful session stylist, but also allowing you to use these skills in the salon, to stay ahead of the game.
During the day Zoë will take you through:
– Past and future predictions and how trends are emerging
– How to develop your creativity and stay ahead in an ever-changing industry
Designed by Zoë, this seminar will take you through the essential know-how and techniques of styling with tongs and wands to create the looks your clients are demanding.
The workshop will cover:
– Understanding the tools and choosing the right tool for the desired look
– Wrapping and sectioning techniques to achieve the latest trends
– Time saving methods to improve your service offering and return on investment
The art of blow-drying is firmly back in fashion and in demand by clients of all ages. This is the perfect seminar for stylists who want to master the art of the perfect blow-dry.
Designed by Zoë, the ‘queen of blow-drying’ according to Vogue, this session teaches the most up to date blow-dry techniques, including:
– Trend-led blow-dries to shape the hair
– The intricacies of how to set and heat seal a style
– How to blow-out hairlines
– How to give your blow-dry the longevity that clients demand